Payment Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions govern your use of the Internet Bill Presentment and Payment Service (the “Service”). As used in these Terms, the words “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. (or its affiliate). The words "you" and "your" refer to you as the business entity accepting these Terms and using the Service. The words “you” and “your” also include any user you authorize to use the Service on your behalf.
1. Erroneous Instructions. If we receive a payment instruction authorized by you and the instruction is erroneous in any way, we shall have no obligation or liability for the error.
2. Transaction Limitations. Please be aware that certain types of bank accounts have limits on the numbers of transfers or withdrawals that may be made per month. Your bank may refuse transfers which would exceed such limits, so we recommend you check with your bank to determine what limitations are imposed on withdrawals from any account. If we are not able to debit the amount required to cover an authorized payment and any fees from your account, we will not be able to make the payment you have authorized, and will not be held liable for any failure to make the payment. We have no obligation to try to debit an account for a specific payment more than once.
3. Authorized Users. If you allow other users to access this Service, you are authorizing payments they initiate through the Service. . Any signer on your bank accounts is authorized to make payments, even if your account otherwise requires two or more signatures for withdrawals. You agree that you are an authorized signer or owner of any account you instruct us to debit.
4. ACH Authorization. When you initiate a payment through the Service, you authorize Wells Fargo Bank, NA or its affiliate to debit the bank account you designate through the Automated Clearing House. You agree that you and your payment will be subject to the rules of the National Automated Clearing House Association.
5. You agree to regularly and promptly review and verify all transactions either through this Service or through the monthly statements received from your bank or credit card issuer holding the account(s). Also, if your bank or credit card statement shows transactions by us that you did not authorize, contact your bank/ card issuer.
6. Our Liability. If we do not complete a payment which you have authorized in a timely manner, in accordance with the terms and conditions herein, we will be liable only for your direct losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will NOT be liable, for example, when:
a. Through no fault of ours, your account does not contain sufficient available funds for us to debit the account in the amount of the payment due.
b. The web site or other systems are not working properly.
c. Circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood, computer breakdown or problems with a telephone line) prevent or impede the transaction, despite reasonable precautions we have taken.
d. The funds in your account are subject to an uncollected funds hold, legal process or any other encumbrance or claim restricting transfers at the time we attempt to debit your account for an authorized payment(s).
e. The information you have supplied to us is incorrect, incomplete or not timely.